Leadership In Academic Governance-a single day program
A single day course for those responsible for Academic Governance in Higher Education Providers across Australia.
Developed by Emeritus Professor Hilary Winchester and Mark Douglas
This program will bring together groups from higher education providers from across Australia. Each organisation will register a group of 3,4 or 5 participants. Each group may be a mix of ex officio, elected members and senior administrators. This course will benefit those new to the academic governance process and those in leadership roles in governance committees.
Participants will reflect on and learn about:
1. The formal expected role of academic governance in higher education providers in Australia.
2. The role of Chair of Academic Board/Senate.
3. The expectations of all chairs and committee members.
4. What is meant by Academic Risk and Risk Management.
5. The Higher Education Standards Framework.
(in particular Section 6.3)
6. The critical relationship between Academic Governance, Corporate Governance and Executive Management.
7. The three areas of visibility of Academic Governance:
a. Good governance and the expectations on you.
b. Good governance and the expectations on your committee.
c. Good governance and the expectations on your University.
8. Leading and managing change through effective academic governance.
Course Schedule 2019
13th February 2019 Sydney
19th February 2019 Brisbane
14th May 2019 Perth
22nd May 2019 Melbourne
23rd May 2019 Sydney
28th May 2019 Brisbane
Alternatively, this program can be delivered as an inhouse course for your staff involved in Academic Governance
Please contact us for further course dates or enquire about an inhouse course
email@example.com or call Mark on 0418 846 343 or Hilary 0419 807 057